Monday, April 19, 2010

Rock Sluicing


On 10 & 11 April I went to Emerald Hollow Mine in Hiddenite, NC. I admit to having cheated. I did not dig in the dirt or in the creek but instead just sluiced. After sluicing a couple native buckets and finding nothing, I really cheated sluicing their Super, Killer Beryl, and Star Ruby/Sapphire buckets. I gave some of my finds to the lapadarist to be made into cabochons, but will have to wait at least 6 weeks to see the finished product. Here are some of my other finds in their raw form. I hope to make some of these into jewelry some time in the future. Shown here are agate, amethyst, apatite, aquamarine, bloodstone, emerald, flourite, moonstone, quartz crystal, rose quartz, ruby, rutile quartz, sapphire, serpentine, smoky quartz, topaz, and black tourmaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment